Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Give Away of The Day - Daily Free Software Programs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 abeazar

abeazar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:42 PM

Check out the following website - Give Away of the Day - They offer free software downloads 7-days a week. The only catch is you have to activate it the same day.

It appears that some of this could be shareware programs, but you get the full program but without any cost or support. Most do not offer free updates. I have noticed, on a few software programs, that I get emails from the vendors when they offer an upgrade/update to their programs.

The programs are only offered for 24-hours, so make sure you download and activate the same day.

It is definitely worth checking out. Enjoy......

Abe :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,725 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

Hi. the only item available is Giveaway of the Day - ShellLess Explorer 1.24
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

It's basically an advertising space for "coupons" for a lot of really not-very well known software.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,725 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

No problem, I guess I should have put "Item left"
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 abeazar

abeazar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:34 AM

Everyday, they put a different program on their website to download. You can look on the main webpage and see what software was offered in the past several days/weeks/months.

In most cases, they offer the full feature program but without the support that you may have gotten had your purchased the retail program. I hope that this helps!

#6 abeazar

abeazar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

May 12, 2009

Giveaway of the Day - MultiSet 6.5

Want to create a WindowsXP installation disk that will automatically install the OS Windows without asking questions about username, product key, time and locale settings? At the same time your favorite applications are automatically installed, the necessary keys are entered into the registry, drivers are updated, new patches (service packs) from Microsoft are installed. Itís possible and you can do it easily with Almeza MultiSet!

Almeza MultiSet will automatically install all the applications you require, either onto your original computer or onto a new one. Itís an ideal solution for rebuilding your systems quickly!

Besides, Almeza MultiSet can create bootable CDs/DVDs. Such disks can be used as a rescue means after a system crash. To completely restore the system, you will only have to insert such a disk into the CD/DVD drive.

Per the website, this software retails for $99.95 - free until 3 A.M. 05-13-2009

#7 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Wait, so it's basically an installation CD for Windows XP?

#8 abeazar

abeazar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:22 AM

Giveaway of the Day - Extra DVD Ripper Professional Give Away of the Day

May 13, 2009

Extra DVD Ripper Professional is a DVD ripping tool to rip your favorite DVD movies to popular iPod, MP4, AVI, Divx, XviD, VCD, SVCD, PSP, Mobile 3GP and Pocket PC video formats. With Extra DVD Ripper Professional, you can choose which titles, audio tracks and subtitle tracks of the DVD you want to rip. You can also set the video size, bit-rate, frame-rate and aspect ratio, and audio bit-rate and sample. Extra DVD Ripper has a user-friendly interface and you can rip a DVD with only a few clicks. Enjoy it!

Key features in Extra DVD Ripper Professional:
Convert DVD movies to AVI DivX and XviD formats.
Convert DVD movies to VCD-PAL, VCD-NTSC, SVCD-PAL, SVCD-NTSC MPEG formats.
Convert DVD movies to Apple iPod MP4 format.
Convert DVD movies to Sony PSP Video file.
Convert DVD movies to Mobile 3GP formats.
Convert DVD movies to Pocket PC.

#9 theBlueOutlet

theBlueOutlet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:48 AM

I always check GotD daily, have got a few decent pieces of software from there. Also on the weekends they usually do a game (but that's on hold at the moment).

#10 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

I also check the site everyday. I've found a couple of good things there. The last was Easus Partition Master. I also check woot.com for good sales on all kinds of things... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users