Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

when i right click on links to click on 'save target as' the save screen comes then vanishes!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tazzy

Tazzy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

heya there, i'll try not to make this too lengthy, but as my title suggests, basically whenever i try to right click and save target on a click, the save screen appears, then vanishes straight away!! its very strange and i don't know whats going on or what is wrong, but whatever it is its affecting my IE, and i dnt want the same to happen to my firefox...so what kind of spyware/adware program or anything do i have to download, if one at all!! i'd really appreciate your help as soon as possible...i might take it in to pc world for a health check but if it can be resolved from home, then even better!! :huh: hope you can help me out!!

i have windows vista on a toshiba laptop if that helps at all! lol

cheers

taz

Edited by Tazzy, 10 May 2009 - 12:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

Tazzy Ė before you take it in to be looked at, Iíd suggest running a virus scan with whatever security youíre running. If you arenít running anything, Iíd suggest downloading a new security suite, preferably one thatís recommended by Microsoft - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/antivirus...dows-vista.aspx.

See what that comes up with. If things come up clean, Iíd suggest maybe you uninstall and reinstall your Internet Explorer 8 and see if that changes things. Hereís the link to the download: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-...er/default.aspx.

Try those (in order) and see if anything helps.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users