Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to embed and add songs to a web page player.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 roland5575

roland5575

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

I am a mature student, given the task of creating a web site that will not be hosted. I have to add a music player that will play MP's of my choice. Could anybody help me with this project or point me to an easy to understand tutorial on the subject? I managed to load wmp but i cant figure out how to load my own songs.

Thank you for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

What do you mean that you managed to load wmp? Do you mean you were able to embed Windows Media Player into your HTML? Or is wmp short for Winamp? Is each song assigned to a single button, or do you want to be able to do something else?

#3 roland5575

roland5575
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

hi groovicus,
i meant that i came across code that embedded windows media player. it appeared on my 'webpage' but i have no idea how to load mp3 files into it. my web page is about a local band, and i would like the player to be loaded on one of the pages, pre loaded with 5 or 6 songs recorded by the band. the visitor would be able to select a sengle song from the list or play the songs in rotation.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

Show us what you have so far. I am not going to try and guess what you have already done, or try to guess what is wrong. :thumbsup:

#5 roland5575

roland5575
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

well i have wiped everything and i am going to start from scratch, can you help me get started on the right track.

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

I like to use XSPF for music on webpages (when I use music, which is rarely.) It's a pretty easy to configure Flash-based jukebox kind of thing: http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/

#7 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

I ended up using Wimpy, i know it's not free, but it is very cheap and easy to use.
http://www.wimpyplayer.com/products/wimpy_mp3.html

only thing is it is registered based on a domain name, change your domain name and you will have problems unless you contact them previously.

I have had it running for 6 months now, it is very customisable (possible to create your own skins, multiple playlists) and even allows shuffling.

I'd definately look into, if you find a free/open source product that can do the same things (ESPECIALLY SHUFFLE) PLEASE let me know!

Good Luck.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#8 roland5575

roland5575
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

Thanks guys for the help. i looked up the XSPF player and got it working on my page, it was easy even for a newbie like me. Thanks for all the help everybody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users