Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Basic Stuff I Need To Learn

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 invoked

invoked

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

I am posting this topic because, i need to learn some of the basics of computing for Windows Vista, my first question is.

1) How do i back-up my Hard Drive and everything else so i can then install Windows 7, and i think that is about it at the moment, and everything else that i need to do so that i can download and install windows 7 without any problems, or minimal problems.

thanks in advance ~kieran

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 haun

haun

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

I am not sure exactly how to do this, but as an alternative you can go to http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads and D/L Virtual Box, install it and use that to see if you like Windows 7.

But for The actual Dual Boot:
http://lifehacker.com/5126781/how-to-dual-...ith-xp-or-vista

Hope this helps
Annnnd you're, asking, me...

#3 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:20 AM

Have a look at this Microsoft Technet article to assist you in migrating :huh: .

#4 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

Here’s a link to backing up your PC (from Microsoft): http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/pc-backup.aspx. There’s also a lot of other good info you can access from that page for Windows 7 questions.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#5 vintage144

vintage144

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

Make sure you back-up to an external drive (or dvd/cd) as well , I prefer to backup on cd;s , but a key piece of advice , this wouldnt be considered a back , but keep all your important files on a back-up drive , like the ones you see that have the usb plug-ins ,it makes re-installing a breeze later on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users