Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

M2N8-VMX motherboard overheating

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Buga5

Buga5

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:29 AM

Plz help me someone.
My M2N8-VMX motherboard is overheating.It gets up to 50c and then the games start to lagg even if i play them on low graphics.
The only way right now to play more then 10 min is that I use an external electric fan to cool down my MB.
What could couse the overheating?anyone?could it be the cpu when it gets to 60c
Im sure its not the graphics card couse even if I put the fan on the graphics cart to 100% the games still lag..
thx in advance

AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4400+ (2.31Ghz)
Sepphire ATI 4830 512mb
Motherboard M2N8-VMX
2,00 GB of Ram
WIN XP SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

Is the heatsink securely mounted?
Have you looked for dust and lint build-up in the heatsink?
If you've had the heatsink off of the CPU, did you replace the thermal compound?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users