Please advise if you have resolved your issues, or , if you are being helped elsewhere.
If you wish to get guided help here, please be careful when copying the reports we ask for.
Your 1 and only log was truncated at the top, and I cannot tell your Windows version.Always
select ALL text, and COPY, and Paste ALL contents
of report / log files in your replies here.If your system is XP
: Set Windows to show all files and all folders.
On your Desktop, double click My Computer
, from the menu options, select tools, then Folder Options, and then select VIEW Tab and look at all of settings listed.
"CHECK" (turn on) Display the contents of system folders.
Under column, Hidden files and folders----choose ( *select* ) Show hidden files and folders.
Next, un-check Hide extensions for known file types.
Next un-check Hide protected operating system files. If your system is Vista:
Show all files:
- Click the Start button, and then click Computer.
- On the Organize menu, click Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Locate and uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
- Locate and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Locate and click Show hidden files and folders.
- Click Apply > OK.
by OldTimer to your desktop: http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTListIt2.exe
- Close all open windows on the Task Bar. Click the icon (for Vista, right click the icon and Run as Administrator) to start the program.
- In the lower right corner of the Top Panel, checkmark "LOP Check" and checkmark "Purity Check".
- Now click Run Scan at Top left and let the program run uninterrupted. It will take about 4 minutes.
- It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up called OTListIt.txt, the other will be saved on your desktop and called Extras.txt.
- Exit Notepad. Remember where you've saved these 2 files as we will need both of them shortly!
- Exit OTListIt2 by clicking the X at top right.
Download Security Check
by screen317 and save it to your Desktop: here
If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
- Run Security Check
- Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the command window.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; close Notepad. We will need this log, too, so remember where you've saved it!
Then copy/paste the following into your post (in order):
- the contents of OTListIt.txt;
- the contents of Extras.txt ; and
- the contents of checkup.txt
Be sure to do a Preview prior to pressing Submit because all reports may not fit into 1 single reply. You may have to do more than 1 reply.
Do not use the attachment feature to place any of your reports. Always put them in-line inside the body of reply.
Edited by Maurice Naggar, 24 May 2009 - 11:07 AM.