Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop CS4 GPU should be fine...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zyrolasting

zyrolasting

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:08 AM

Hey guys.

On a NVIDIA 9800 GTX+. Photoshop is complaining of not being able to use the GPU. I see that the 9800 GTX is on the support list... PLEASE don't tell me that the '+' in the name makes a difference ensurng the card doesn't work!

-On latest drivers, just checked site.
-Windows XP SP3

What else could cause PS to have issues with the card...?

Edited by zyrolasting, 10 May 2009 - 02:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

Did you go to Nvidia for the drivers, or the manufacturer for the drivers?

Other than that, look for XP updates. Its a long shot, but just perhaps.

And, my last thought is, make sure you restarted your computer after you installed the drivers.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 zyrolasting

zyrolasting
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

I know this is a common topic so I ended up following advice of everyone who replied to a similar questions. ...Meaning I pretty much had it covered, obviously to no avail. To answer your question though, I went over to NVIDIA to nab the drivers. (185.85)

I just started up from a windows update reboot about 10 min ago, so we're good there too.

EDIT: I found my GPU works when I turn it on in 'performance', but only for that session. I get a dialog complaining of a problem with the disp. drivers next run and it's switched off again. What gives here? Drivers should be fine if we look at this like a checklist.

Edited by zyrolasting, 11 May 2009 - 11:29 AM.

#4 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:29 PM

Sounds like an OS problem or PS problem more than your drivers to be honest.

What about Photoshop patches?

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users