Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stupid MIME.gen bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 littleshister

littleshister

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

Help, I have been infected with that stupid MIME.gen bug and I do not know how to get rid of it. Anyone have any advice for me?

Edited by The weatherman, 10 May 2009 - 02:35 AM.
Moved to a more appropriate forum. TW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:12 AM

do you have anti virus?
avast! should do if you dont
scan the hole computer with updated virus defs

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

Super Antispyware may solve your problem. Instructions and download link in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1040160

You will have better results scanning with SAS in safe mode. Be sure to UPDATE SAS after downloading, installing and
before booting into safe mode to run the scan.

Post back with the scan log and for further instructions.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users