Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel undi..error message

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 quinnersmom

quinnersmom

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hi, I am getting a Black screen with a looping error message...

Intel Undi, PXE 2.0 (build 082)
Realtek RTL8139 (X)/8130/810x
PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v.2.13 (020326)
PXE-E61 Media test failure Check Cables
PXE-M0F Existing PXE ROM

I have a compaq Presario V2000 series. I know the fan is toast and needs to be replaced, but was using a coling fan until I could find a replacement. In the mean time I got the above message. I don't know alot about comupters but can get by and usually figure things out.

I was told that I had a bad virus and I needed to reinstall xp. So I did just that and everything was working for a day, then all of the sudden after sitting idle with a cooling fan and a box fan blowing on it, I got this message again. Any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

That message typically inidcates that the system is trying to boot from a network, rather than the hard drive. Check your BIOS settings.

Louis

#3 quinnersmom

quinnersmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

On start up I try to push f key or esc and (or any key for that matter) and it just gives me a long beep. So I am stuck at that screen. Do you think the over heating could have damaged something?? IF I replace the fan does the heatsink need to be replaced to or is that connected to the fan??

#4 darkluna

darkluna

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

On a Compaq computer, you can usually run Setup by pressing a special function key or key combination during Power-On Self Test (POST), before the operating system loads. During POST, the BIOS usually displays a prompt such as:

Press F2 to enter Setup
Enter the designated keystroke to get into the BIOS Setup. Common keystrokes that will access the BIOS Setup are F1, F2, F10, and Del.

If you need more Compaq-specific technical information and support, visit Compaq's support page at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp

#5 quinnersmom

quinnersmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

Tried but not responsive. The only way I did get it to stop a few days ago was to reintstall xp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users