Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:27 PM
Extensive research coupled with my vast experience (Ok, I googled) tells me a few things:
1. pps is the extension for a MS PowerPoint presentation or slideshow.
2. You will need MS Office (or Open Office
) or a PowerPoint viewer to open it.
3. There may be a problem trying to open it direct from your email application. You need to virus check it and then save it to a folder before opening it. Also see this info:http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm
4. Some people regard pps attachments as a high security risk - if you are not sure who is sending it you may be better off deleting it immediately.
5. No idea why the dialog box is jumping around.
Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.