Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PeterBurgess

PeterBurgess

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

Dear Colleagues

I arrived in this dialog because of a seriously sick computer and a very technically challenged owner. I know about simple computing, but the layers and layers of "stuff" that surrounds quite simple processes boggles the mind.

Hopefully with the help of the techy experts in this space I will make my computer well again.

I am curious where members are located. I just noted a recent member was from Australia. I am from the UK but located in New York. Over the past 30 years I have spent a lot of professional time in developing countries from Afghanistan to Zambia ... about 60 in all ... and am part of the Transparency and Accountability Network that aims to use ICT as a tool to improve performance in international socio-economic development. It is a challenge but ICT and good people can make a huge difference.

Peter Burgess
Tr-Ac-Net in New York

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:59 AM

An interesting summary of Member's countries is found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/The...ties-t8512.html

Alas! Computing is becomming more and more complex each year, so much so that no general user can reasonably be expected to be knowledgeable in every area. The members of this great community are more than willing to help one another by sharing their areas of expertise and experience.

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! PeterBurgess.
Yes its amazing what percentage of people are from where.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users