Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow start up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jonesnewton

jonesnewton

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hi,
I have just had XP installed onto a Compaq Presario 1200 laptop and now its taking ages to start up? I have not installed anything to load at start up.
It is an old machine, only 124MB Ram, 850 MHz..Processor is an Intel Celleron.
I have to use this machine for now as mine died mad.gif

Is there any software out there that can help with this?
Or can you suggest something I might have done wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Neil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

Apparently, your problem is not about the software.

It's more on the specs of your computer. As you've mentioned, "It is an old machine, only 124MB Ram, 850 MHz..Processor is an Intel Celleron." It's an old machine so some parts might be old enough to run smoothly. Regarding your RAM, maybe you mean 128 MB 'coz I've never heard of 124 MB. Whether that's the case, it's still too low 1GB would be good enough. Also, I've never heard of MHz before. I always hear it in terms of GHz. Another thing. . . Your processor is also out of date. Though this might not be such a big deal, I suggest that you use a newer processor. Personally, I don't settle for anything less than Pentium 4.

Additional software can not solve the problem.

In summary, upgrade your machine! :flowers: or better yet, change it to a new one. That way you can be assured that it's parts would last longer and it's all "up to date" :thumbsup:

Edited by cosmic_sniper05, 09 May 2009 - 02:12 PM.

Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users