Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SOFTWARE + SKILLS + EXPERIENCE = JOBS

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

Posted Image

Improve your technical skills with the Microsoft IT Academy Student Pass.

Microsoft DreamSpark and IT Academy

The Microsoft IT Academy Student Pass is a special no-cost online learning opportunity for university students in technical studies. The IT Academy Student Pass offers 12 to 22 hours of FREE e-learning courses, aligned to the first set of topics you need to master for the first Microsoft certification exam within each track.

The Microsoft IT Academy Student Pass is a perfect entry into five different career paths:
1. Windows Developer
2. Web Developer
3. Database Developer
4. Windows Server IT Professional
5. Windows Client IT Professional

Who can take advantage of this?
This offer is available to both high school and college students, and there are some unique benefits to taking advantage of this offer. Computer science majors can get experience in technologies other than what may be offered by their university. We all know how hard it is to get real-world experience while going to school. We also know that there are so many possible career choices within computer science that it is difficult to be able to explore all available opportunities. IT Academy offers the chance to check out different areas without spending any cash.

For undeclared majors that think they may be interested in technology, here is an opportunity to take the equivalent of an elective at no cost to you. Maybe you are interested in web development, but are not sure if you have what it takes to succeed. Here is an opportunity to explore that option at no cost, plus get thousands of dollars in free software at the same time.

For high school students getting ready for college, here is a chance to learn some new skills that will set you apart from your fellow students. College costs a lot of money, and competition for scholarships is fierce. Here is an opportunity to show that you are different, that you have the initiative and motivation to learn on your own, and that you are a solid choice to receive scholarship money. Here is a no cost opportunity to do so, and get free software at the same time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

groovicus,

You know I've been interested in Dreamspark for my students (still waiting approval from my school district) and now this IT Academy sounds very promising for them, too. When I click on the link you provided, though, I get a SERVICE UNAVAILABLE window.

Can you check this out? I want to show this to my students first thing Monday morning! Thanks :thumbsup:

Edit: Must have been a Microsoft error -- it loads now. Thanks for the info. You do great work :flowers:

Edited by txtchr, 09 May 2009 - 06:30 PM.

#3 groovicus

groovicus
  • Topic Starter

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

If you can, let faculty at other schools know. :thumbsup:

#4 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

I will certainly pass on the word to all in my district and others that I know who may possibly be interested. This is a tremendous opportunity for our students.

Once again, thanks for bringing this to our attention. You have done a very good deed :thumbsup:

#5 groovicus

groovicus
  • Topic Starter

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

I forgot to mention that there are free videos available for anyone that wants to view them on topics such as Silverlight, Web 2.0 Dev, etc.

#6 a1sporty15

a1sporty15

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

How to redeem the IT Academy Student Pass?

1. Get your access code by selecting Get Key button below.
2. Redeem your access code at the IT Academy Student Pass Web site

there is no button saying "get key" :thumbsup: help anyone?

#7 groovicus

groovicus
  • Topic Starter

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

You need to have a Live ID to sign into the web page. Once you have that, then you will see the button to get the key.

#8 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

Is this offered for a limited time only?

I'm really interested with this but I a lot of activities consume most of my time lately.

Edited by cosmic_sniper05, 30 July 2009 - 12:28 PM.

Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

#9 groovicus

groovicus
  • Topic Starter

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

It has been going on for the last few months, and as far as I know, there is no deadline on it yet.

#10 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Thanks again for the info. . .
Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

#11 wolfemansG35

wolfemansG35

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

I'm out school because i just graduated from highschool. my question is do you have to be a student for this

#12 groovicus

groovicus
  • Topic Starter

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

Yes, you have to be a student.

#13 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:25 AM

How to redeem the IT Academy Student Pass?

1. Get your access code by selecting Get Key button below.
2. Redeem your access code at the IT Academy Student Pass Web site

there is no button saying "get key" :thumbsup: help anyone?

You have too be a student too get a code, they are distributed at your school, if they are part of the program.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#14 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:31 PM

Dreamspark is a software package, correct?

So, if I as a teacher submit for my school to become part of the program, but the school feels that some of the software offered within the package is "not appropriate", is there any way for my students to participate and gain access to what the powers-that-be feel is appropriate? Or is Dreamspark then not available at all to them?

#15 groovicus

groovicus
  • Topic Starter

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Dreamspark is a program (not the software kind) that allows students free access to software. I can't imagine that a school has any say in what a student chooses to use at home. The only thing the school has to do with it is to verify that the person applying is actually a student. I also can not imagine what software on Dreamspark would be considered "not appropriate." :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users