Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viral inspiration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowlord6343

Shadowlord6343

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hello all,
New member to the site.
As often is the case, especially for those who don't work w/ computers, the most education I get is when there are problems
I won't go into my trouble much as this is just an into post, but I have to learn how to remove the Dumavuja virus or malware whatever off of my computer.
After not using computers since the Atari/Commodore days, I began having access to computers a few years back. Learned what I do know from books and fighting w/ an old obsolete Win 98 'Puter for a while. Now am Using an Emachines T6500 that I bought a few years ago. As I do little other than research on the web and Forums etc it is still plenty of machine. Most of the games I play are old ones anyway ( Neverwinter Nights that's how old LOL ). Anyways, since picking up this pop up causing virus/malware, things are now a pain in the ass. So, here I am ready to do some more learning. If the computer works right, there is nothing to fix/learn. When it's broke it's hard to figure out how to work on it. At least I am able to get online andread up.

Oh Boy! I can't wait. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

I am sure our Members can help you get rid of the malware.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Shadowlord6343

Shadowlord6343
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

Thanks Guys, and thanks for the Welcome JGWeed. Good to hear from a fellow Chicagoan. I am no longer in Chicago but spent the majority of my life there and growing up.

I am going to take this Malware as a blessing in disguise. A good opportunity for learning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users