Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble reading files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bomar97

bomar97

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

I have issues with my cd-rom drive..

I have pictures on a disk.. I can put the disk in and see the pictures on my computer..

If I copy the folder to "my pictures" on my computer, I can't see the pics anymore..
I get "can't read file header"

Why am I getting that? I can't understand why I can see the pictures if the cd is in the drive,
but can't see them if I copy or move them to my computer..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

Can you copy the folder to another computer and see how that goes? That would confirm if the problem lies with the disc or the drive. If you get the same error after copying to another system, the disc has a fault. If it copies fine to another system, then your drive may indeed be causing the effect.

It seems an odd symptom, but if you confirm it's the fault of the drive my first thought would be maybe a lot of read errors are occurring, and loading a single file to view squeaks through, but copying a stream of files is beyond it. Cleaning the laser lens is probably the only thing to try before trying another drive.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users