Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vundo virus on my PC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pcprotecction

pcprotecction

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hi folks,

My hp pavilion notebook seems to be heavily infected with trojan and vundo virus.
The system used to freeze and a flashing message saying something like "computer has been infected by a malware" would come on the desktop.
This was in early January.
I tried to clean it using MBAM, CCleaner and Superantispyware.
The problem seem to be fixed for a while but has returned to haunt after March.
I am using Mcafee virus enterprise. and everytime I connect to internet I get a parenthesis around the Mcafee icon in the icon tray. Upon third clicking the mcafee icon and clicking on "open access protection log", I see message like this:

5/8/2009 10:59:12 PM Blocked by port blocking rule C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail 8.12.160.147:25

Pop-ups keep opening up on while I am connected to the internet.
Sometimes google search links lead me to a very different address and i have to copy paste the link to get where I want to.
Frequently I get virus detected messages from mcafee, but I suspect it is cleaning it.

I would appreciate if any of you can help me get rid of this virus.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Rj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBoo

MrBoo

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hi folks,

My hp pavilion notebook seems to be heavily infected with trojan and vundo virus.
The system used to freeze and a flashing message saying something like "computer has been infected by a malware" would come on the desktop.
This was in early January.
I tried to clean it using MBAM, CCleaner and Superantispyware.
The problem seem to be fixed for a while but has returned to haunt after March.
I am using Mcafee virus enterprise. and everytime I connect to internet I get a parenthesis around the Mcafee icon in the icon tray. Upon third clicking the mcafee icon and clicking on "open access protection log", I see message like this:

5/8/2009 10:59:12 PM Blocked by port blocking rule C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail 8.12.160.147:25

Pop-ups keep opening up on while I am connected to the internet.
Sometimes google search links lead me to a very different address and i have to copy paste the link to get where I want to.
Frequently I get virus detected messages from mcafee, but I suspect it is cleaning it.

I would appreciate if any of you can help me get rid of this virus.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Rj

update your MBAM, run a scan, and post it here so we can see what you have

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

As was states, Rescan with Mbam

Also run

ATF
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

------------------------------------

SAS,may take a long time to scan
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 pcprotecction

pcprotecction
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for your responses, guys.
As both of you recommended, I did a rescan with MBAM. I have attached the log below.
It found several of the infecting files and claims to have removed them

My question is when do I know my PC got rid of them all?
Do I still have to scan with the other two programs garmanma recommended?

I was considering formatting the hard drive and installing everything back on again in case the softwares won't clean all the bad stuff.
Would you guys recommend this or should I rather use all softwares to try to get rid of the malwares and virus?

-Rj

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2104
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

5/10/2009 12:14:18 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-10 (12-14-18).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 276056
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 16 minute(s), 23 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 7
Memory Modules Infected: 7
Registry Keys Infected: 13
Registry Values Infected: 8
Registry Data Items Infected: 7
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 137

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\x2iv6vsf7.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\x2iv6vsf7.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\timijapu.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sorujome.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\petemowa.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\paloyihi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\bevefime.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\MSNUITF.dll (Trojan.Vundo.V) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdfgerfgf3f.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{e74fb1f9-4c64-49d0-b8ef-27382a093e46} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{e74fb1f9-4c64-49d0-b8ef-27382a093e46} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{e2ba40a2-74f3-42bd-f434-2604812c8953} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{e74fb1f9-4c64-49d0-b8ef-27382a093e46} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{e2ba40a2-74f3-42bd-f434-2604812c8953} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{e2ba40a2-74f3-42bd-f434-2604812c8953} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\fci (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\fci (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\fci (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\dslcnnct (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\yugefikila (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\cpm32e3c26f (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\31d0f1f3 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{e2ba40a2-74f3-42bd-f434-2604812c8953} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\ssodl (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\diagnostic manager (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\windows resurections (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: msnuitf.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\timijapu.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\timijapu.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\bevefime.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\paloyihi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\bevefime.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sorujome.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\petemowa.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\MSNUITF.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdfgerfgf3f.dll (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\timijapu.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\x2iv6vsf7.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\tbbek.exe (Trojan.Vundo.V) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\winlogqn.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3654001156.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3701272828.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3725338254.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3758815584.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3760360774.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3849415840.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3873659334.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\389192915.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2339922994.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2367422994.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2398565110.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2402471360.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\245226459.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2494259142.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2515902363.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2522101118.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\649491562.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\686184993.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\709479744.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\710104744.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\760116562.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\766003106.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\815323790.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1636484181.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1734615152.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1743990152.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1780708902.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1803057310.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1807304062.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1816835312.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1838487730.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1878785884.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1973800230.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3171725956.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3225603388.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3227042562.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\326543108.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3270795430.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\328003872.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3310276509.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\4044338034.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\4061664456.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\4094932895.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\4183539456.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\4192916654.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\4233847146.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\4261750204.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2920148474.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1987901060.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2017231516.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2033473384.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2056126762.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2058314262.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2061479346.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2067533012.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2068415910.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2169737730.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2185675230.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\219355608.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2270817134.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\83950266.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\903761290.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\996261290.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\999698790.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\261325571.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2682198812.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2702087237.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2721294498.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2770447138.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2821182310.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\2848682310.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1344139000.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1357685638.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1358105608.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1388780180.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1430547994.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1437061430.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1505440110.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1553472622.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1561818116.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1578829244.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1607066372.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1635077832.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\432658290.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\454248138.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\461722464.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\463466888.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\48657908.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\54113698.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3011434060.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3023327121.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3027492224.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3032859347.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3638903726.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3639059976.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3644025534.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3900000308.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3918156454.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3919371684.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3965627418.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\3145020115.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1102863884.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1103020161.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1118041846.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1121479346.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1129630616.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\121698318.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\122167041.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1282075748.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\07LGZ5E1\logo[1].htm (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\9P24R9IV\logo[1].htm (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\9P24R9IV\logo[2].htm (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Q92OETN6\leoylzmww[1].htm (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZFJ8WRGJ\vblivpyz[1].htm (Trojan.Inject) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZFJ8WRGJ\tmwggqee[1].htm (Trojan.Vundo.V) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\instsp2.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\begimepo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jiwirido.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kuwovogi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tahisepi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vakemuna.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\1485342680.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\3730622476.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\trb19.tmp (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\SVCHOST.EXE (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe:ext.exe (Rootkit.ADS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\sdr\Local Settings\Temp\1333332712.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Delete on reboot.

#5 RavenPhoenix

RavenPhoenix

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

Do I still have to scan with the other two programs garmanma recommended?

Yes you do, some scanners catch others dont, please do as instructed and repost your logs.

ATF
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
1.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
2.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
3.Click the Empty Selected button.
4.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
5.Click the Empty Selected button.
6.If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
7.Click the Empty Selected button.
8.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

------------------------------------

SAS,may take a long time to scan
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free[list]
1.Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
2.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
3.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.
4.In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
5.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
6.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):[list]
7.Close browsers before scanning.
8.Scan for tracking cookies.
9.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
10.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
11.Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
1.Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
2.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
3.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
4.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
5.Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
6.A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
7.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
8.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.[list]
9.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
10.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
11.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
12.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
13.Click Close to exit the program.

Now post your logs for each one.
Forum Skulker. Preventing Comp Nukes everywhere. :-)

#6 pcprotecction

pcprotecction
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

I ran ATF and SAS.
ATF did not produce and log file (or at least I could not find where it saves the file).
Below is log file from SAS.

-----------------------------------------------------

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/10/2009 at 05:17 PM

Application Version : 4.25.1012

Core Rules Database Version : 3885
Trace Rules Database Version: 1833

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 01:22:50

Memory items scanned : 249
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 7474
Registry threats detected : 5
File items scanned : 157736
File threats detected : 5

Registry Cleaner Trial
HKCR\Install.Install
HKCR\Install.Install\CLSID
HKCR\Install.Install\CurVer
HKCR\Install.Install.1
HKCR\Install.Install.1\CLSID

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@wmvmedialease[1].txt

Adware.Vundo/Variant-EmpiaA
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NEDOSOYE.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NUWITALE.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZAHUTOVA.DLL

Adware.Vundo Variant
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZIJIGEGU.DLL

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

Full tutorial:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix".
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • Please be patient as the scan may take up to 20 minutes to complete.
  • When the process is complete, the SDFix report log will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • The SDFix report log (Report.txt) will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to re-enable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
Then follow up with a SAS scan

Edited by garmanma, 10 May 2009 - 07:38 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users