Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uniblue Registry Booster

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PSSMike

PSSMike

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

I downloaded and ran their scan and it cam back and said:

"A total of 789 invalid registry entries were found on your system. Click "Clean registry" to fix the entries"

I Googled the software and they appear to be legit but before I click "Clean Registry" I would like some input from you all as to the worthiness of this program.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

Hello.

The BC staff members and I do NOT recommend using registry cleaners.

Registry Cleaner(s) Warning

Please be aware that Bleeping Computer staff do not recommend the usage of registry cleaners/tools due to the following facts:
  • Registry tools can cause irreparable damage to your Operating System. This could include making your computer inoperatable.
  • These programs generally only delete "orphaned" or "dead" entries. This merely removes entries that point to files that no longer exist on your computer. Registry entries do not take up a significant amount of hardrive space. The program itself (and its own registry entries) likely occupy relatively more space.
  • The amount of improvement in performance you gain is minimal.
This is done, assuming that the major audience here at this board may be inexperienced users and thus a suggested safeguard from our side.
If you feel that your have sufficient knowledge to use such tools safely, then you are welcome to keep them.

Miekiemoes has created a excellent blog on registry cleaners and other tweaking tools and why they are so dangerous and explains what are they and what the do exactly: http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2008/02/reg...weaking_13.html

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users