Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Don't know if this is a virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 aahmn

aahmn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

Let's see if I can type a whole message without something weird happening. My computer keeps randomly typing symbols sometimes while I'm writing and then sometimes even moves the cursor to the right of the screen and types from left to right. This little icon keeps popping up that looks like a volume bar most of the time this happens. It's horizontal and has a pic of a speaker and a blue bar next to it (volume?). Either a music symbol or a mute symbol (red circle w/ line) appears on it. It started as an occasional thing, but now happens every time I type. The cursor is also jumping around the page a lot.

Also, the browser keeps going back or forward while I try to type. I am using a Dell Latitude D600 running Windows XP Prof 5.1 and using Firefox 3.0. I had AVG Anti-Virus Free software. It didn't find anything when I ran a scan. I downloaded the Anti-Malware program and that found nothing either.

This took a long time to write properly... so to answer my first sentence - not a chance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users