Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP help needed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaze21

Kaze21

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

Hi about a week ago i ran Malewarebytes and did a full scan on my computer to make sure that nothing was wrong with it and i came across two files that it found that i can not get rid of. They are in my system32 drivers folder and i can not get rid of them. The only thing that i have noticed that has happened to my computer since these files appeared was that i cannot use windows media player, internet explorer, and i have a security alert on my task bar that says that windows update is not activated and wont let me turn it on from the security center where it says that it is off but if i go to automatic updates through control panel it says that it is turned on. I have no idea how i got these files nor how to get rid of them if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. If it helps at all the files are 32c4ddde and 53b5ebe6 prob just some random files the virus made as i googled them and came up with nothing.

Edited by The weatherman, 08 May 2009 - 04:16 PM.
Moved to a more appropriate forum. TW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users