Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outgoing and incoming traffic when I don"t do anything

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 akoako1019

akoako1019

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

Well. When I don"t do anything there's screen like this:
Posted Image
Is it normal? Do I have trojan or something other virus?
sometimes It's red, so there's incoming traffic...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

It depends where it is coming from and where it is going to.
Few examples from logs would be helpful to see what Kaspersky is reporting.
Also, do you have a router? Do you have other computers connected?
Do you use filesharing or a printer?
What programs do you run at startup, what's in your system tray - some Windows services keep chatting all the time, but many installed programs do as well.

#3 akoako1019

akoako1019
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

i haven't got router, i use fiber-optical internet. there're no other computers connected.
here are processes and startup
Posted Image

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

You maybe sitting there idle, but the computer is always busy communicating :thumbsup: the issue is who with.
Once a computer is connected to the internet or router, there is constant communication going on.
Your broadband connection likely needs constant communication with the ISP. Is SkyTel your ISP?
Without a router, you will see a lot of packets flying around even those not meant for you, but meant for your assigned IP.
Considering that you have Skype running all the time, incoming nad outgoing communication is to be expected, so long as it is requested by you.
Adobe reader always wants to communicate with Adobe for updates.
I suspect GoogleUpdate does the same. I doubt it needs to run all the time.
If you have one computer and no printer, spoolsvc can be shut off from running all the time.
I don't know what TUProgST, ATKKBService, daemon, GamerOSD, RTGDCPL do. Daemon sounds slightly suspicious - it might be running some outbound service.
You need to identify what should or should not run all the time and which of these require connections.
Kaspersky logs should tell you the source and destination of the communication.

You can watch all live connections using the Sysinternals (now Microsoft) viewer TCPview
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897437.aspx
A better Task list because it can show you connections and properties of every process running is Process explorer
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx
Then you might be able to square what you see with what you think should be permitted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users