Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game w/ good gameplay and OK graphics

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

Ok, so, my friend is getting REALLY bored of his current games and has been bugging me for 6 months about a new one. He doesn't like the graphics on TA but Mount and Blade is too demanding for him...

So, in essence, I need the name of a good (not necessarily AWESOME) game with medium graphics (in between M&B and TA) and FYI, KOTOR1 works on his comp. I am pretty sure SW:EAW worked but I cant remember and I know republic commando did not.

if you need some more help, he does not like the Total War series (trust me I have tried MANY things) and he didn't like Battle for Middle Earth 2 (which did work)

it is getting pretty damn annoying to listen to him complain every day at school I just want to get him off my back

oh, and PS he likes RTS's the most (but almots anything works)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:57 AM

starwars jedi knight jedi out cast?
it seems that he likes star wars games so yer that will suite him becasue jedi out cast is one of the best games ever
and sa:eaw worked but republic commando didit? i would think it would work since eaw worked
make sure you put all settings on low and make sure you have (cant remeber may be some thing else)bittmapping OFF or if there is no offf then LOW
turning useless stuff of in msconfig in start up tab

#3 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

Online Only games:
Shattered Galaxy
MapleStory
Trickster
Grand Chase

#4 Jerms1

Jerms1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:42 AM

Tell him to google- Combat arms, its worth a look but can be a "Love or hate" sorta game, either that or tell him to try anything with "Battlefield" in the name. RTS wise, Rise of nations or Red Alert (2/3) maybe? Possibly Dawn of War?
If all else fails- Buy a pen and paper

#5 Blasian21

Blasian21

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

Best RTS out there is Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. The graphics are simply amazing, but they can be turned down and still have amazing gameplay. I had to turn graphics down to the lowest to get decent frame rates but still, after playing that RTS, none other would cut it for me.

Or if he likes MMO's sort of things, he can try Ace Online. It's a game where you fly future planes and basically PVP all day along. The grind is heavy though, but it's all worth it. Played this game solid for around two years. PVP in this game is just wayyy to awesome.

Edited by Blasian21, 05 July 2009 - 09:41 PM.

#6 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

Best RTS out there is Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. The graphics are simply amazing, but they can be turned down and still have amazing gameplay. I had to turn graphics down to the lowest to get decent frame rates but still, after playing that RTS, none other would cut it for me.

lol i dont think so
i havent played it but i know its not becasue i looked at the gamespot user reviews
the best RTS is starcraft

#7 Robert K

Robert K

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

You could try getting him onto starcraft, and then he could be ready for starcraft 2!

Have you already tried a few of the great games from a few years back?

I.E.
Warcraft 3/DotA,
StarCraft,
Diablo 1 & 2,
Counter strike source,
Half life 2,
DoD.

The have good enough graphics that many people play them to this day, and they all (in my opinion) have great gameplay.

#8 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

LOL Robert, I haven't seen a game listed yet that ISN'T a few years (at least) old.

I say get him a good FPS like COD and tell him to shut the hell up and go kill something.

#9 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

lol he's beaten all 5 COD's like 3 times (on 360)

#10 Robert K

Robert K

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

Does he have access to he internet to play multiplayer?
Because if not it narrows down his choices a bit.

#11 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

ummm he does but if the game has singleplayer he would probably only play that

#12 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

So he's afraid to play against real people? How sad. Beating the computer is easy, the computer can't think. Real people would smack him with a pimp cane and send him home crying to mommy.

#13 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:07 AM

So he's afraid to play against real people? How sad. Beating the computer is easy, the computer can't think. Real people would smack him with a pimp cane and send him home crying to mommy.

lol he may have dail up lol

#14 futurist

futurist

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

you might refer him to GameSpot, and have him browse through the top rated games. Here are the top rated PC games from the past 6 months (there's a filter at the top where he can also select past 12 months, this year, or all time, and also filter by genre):

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=to...ubnav;top_games

I find their reviews are pretty good.

#15 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:10 AM

what you should do is get a nintendo 64
and then get perfect dark,golden eye,killer instinct and both zelda games
you should be set for life:)