Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP officejet printer vs windows XP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sswartzdog

sswartzdog

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

Up until a week ago my HP Officejet 6310 printed just fine, but wouldn't scan. i downloaded the HP scan diagnostic utility V 1.5 and ran that. it came back with "yellow banged out DOT 4 entry". I clicked fix, it did some things and then my printer wasn't even recognized by my computer IE not an option to select this printer when trying to print and not in the "printers and faxes" under start menu. Tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling software using original disk w/ printer disconnected from computer. Reinstallation gets hung up at 1-2% complete. deleted current driver and cleared up driver information in safe mode via deleting all files in C:\windows\system31\spool]drivers\w32x86\3. downloaded driver for this printer from HP and tried installing that, came back "you already have a more current version of this driver installed". tried reinstalling again (in normal mode), hung up at 1%. no idea how to proceed. OBTW i back up everything using Titan 1 x p/week. is there a restore point or something similar i can use from my backups? if so, how? thx, shaun

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

I guess I don't understand why you tried installing the software...with the printer disconnected.

I would have uninstalled all printer software completely...left the printer connected...and then attempted to install drivers in accordance with instructions provided with the printer or the driver packet download.

You may want to try this for removing all unnecessary drivers, How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html

Louis

#3 sswartzdog

sswartzdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

Thanks Louis. i actually tried installing the software both ways, w/ the printer connected and disconnected. the reason i disconnected it is bc the user manual start guide step 1. says "USB cable users: to ensure that the software is installed correctly, do not connect the USB cable until you are asked to do so."

i followed the steps on the tech recipe website you provided below, and no drivers were listed for my printer. thus i am assuming they were uninstalled correctly. shouldn't the drivers be part of the cd i received w/ the printer from the manufacturer?

thx, shaun

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

I would download drivers from the HP website...and try those.

Louis

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

.......... the user manual start guide step 1. says "USB cable users: to ensure that the software is installed correctly, do not connect the USB cable until you are asked to do so."

Absolutely. That always sticks in my mind when dealing with HP printers.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 MinuteMan

MinuteMan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

To uninstall Office all in one printer software, There is four level of uninstall you will need to run to completely remove the software and then you can do a clean installation.
You can search HP website for All in One uninstalled.
It should be on the disk that came with the printer under folder util\ccc and you will see the different level for uninstall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users