Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.TDSS.rtk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cakecake

cakecake

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

First I found this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189751/win32tdssrtk/ and I tried following the last steps to clean it.

I first found I had it through spybot but after rescanning it showed up again. I downloaded the programs there and I followed the steps in the last post. By the time SUPERAntiSpyware started quartining the infected files, the comp restarted. This happened again when I tried it so it can't remove it.

So far, it looks like this virus or whatever is installing other viruses that spybot is picking up.

Help me get rid of this please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

It may be Teatimer dausing trouble
Please post your MBAM and DR Web + SUPER if you run it, logs for review as A found malware can also provide a clue as yop what is going on,

We need to disable Spybot S&D's "TeaTimer"
TeaTimer works by preventing ANY changes to the system. It will attempt to undo any fixes we run, because it blocks these fixes from running.

In order to safeguard your system from problems that can be brought on by a half finished fix, we need to disable TeaTimer. We can reenable it when we're done if you like.
  • Open SpyBot Search and Destroy by going to Start -> All Programs -> Spybot Search and Destroy -> Spybot Search and Destroy.
  • If prompted with a legal dialog, accept the warning.
  • Click Posted Image and then on "Advanced Mode"
    Posted Image
  • You may be presented with a warning dialog. If so, press Posted Image
  • Click on Posted Image
  • Click on Posted Image
  • Uncheck this checkbox:
    Posted Image
  • Close/Exit Spybot Search and Destroy

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 cakecake

cakecake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

They are already unchecked.

MBAM log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 1949
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

5/7/2009 11:36:33 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-07 (23-36-33).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 68502
Time elapsed: 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 5

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\autochk (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\autochk (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\autochk.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Game\protect.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Game\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ChkDisk.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ChkDisk.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Game\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ChkDisk.lnk (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I just downloaded DR.Web and got this only
ovfsthbabuwmeilxiinykspwibmitecymrmpfq.sys;c:\windows\system32\drivers;BackDoor.Tdss.115;Deleted.;

Edited by cakecake, 07 May 2009 - 10:51 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,213 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

I think we should run one more to be certain.
Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 cakecake

cakecake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

While waiting I found another thread and follow the instructions. It seems to be gone, spybot isn't detecting anything.

First I used CureIT and found the directory to the main file and used avenger to remove it. Then I used malwarebytes and other programs to remove the trojans it installed.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,213 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the update. if there are no further infections then,,,

Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista Users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point and Disk Cleanup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users