Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions about: Script debugging and Script errors.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I have been on here. I have had a few computer problems that I had to work through, and once again I had to do a Factory Condition System Reset. The second time in jut over a year. They did not know what was causing my problem. I talked to both Dell; my computer manufacturer and Microsoft who made Windows Vista. They boh could not figure out what was causing my problems. Microsoft recommended to go to my computer manufacturer. And Dell just said to do the complete System Reset, Also Known As: Factory Condition Restore.

Back to my questions about Script debugging and Script errors. Every once in a while I have Windows notify me of the Script errors. Also sometimes when I go to view a webpage or enter a website a message will pop-up saying that a script error occured that could prevent me from viewing the page properly and asks me if I want to continue. I do have: "Disable Script debugging?" checked for both "Internet Explorer" and "Other". I also get a little note in the lower left hand corner saying: "Done, but with errors on page."

My first question is: What the heck is Script debugging?

Second question is: What can I do about the Script errors that occur?

Third: Why do script errors occur or what causes them? I know there can be millions of reasons that they occur, but what are the most common ones?

Fourth: Is there anything that can be done to fix them from the viewer's end?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users