Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A way to save Adobe reader to disk as well as...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ladygrey

ladygrey

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

Guys and Gals, I'm trying to help an 83 year old lady, who is deaf, on dial up, I spent over 9 hours today at her house just getting Avast and then running a boot scan. I had spybot and malwarebytes on disk but they each took over an hour to update before being able to run. I'm going back tomorrow to try to finish up, I've got Comodo on disk, but she needs a new Java and a new Adobe Reader, Adobe is a huge program to download on dial up. There has to be a way that I can burn Adobe to disk to install on her computer. I can't be gone another 9 hours, there will be a riot at my house. I haven't even looked about Java and I'm still looking at a defrag. She has been running NO antivirus, NO firewall but windows firewall. :thumbsup:
With her being deaf her only means of communication is email and I got that back for her, webmail ATT. I've got to get this done!!
For heaven sake help me here! XP, SP2 IE6, old Dell. No I'm not updating it, I'm still running the same on my three computers, except mine are built and hers is a Dell.
Thanks very much. This is the first time I've posted for help, I'm not a newbie but I'm sure no expert and I never miss an opportunity to learn and to yell for help!!
Again thanks much!!
LG

Edited by ladygrey, 07 May 2009 - 09:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ladygrey

ladygrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:46 AM

found a solution to my own problem. I burned the Adobe folder on my own HDD to a disk. It has the setup files needed to install. I checked it out on another computer and it installed just fine. Thanks anyway. Oh btw I thought this was the first time I had yelled for help but it's not, I've yelled before. :thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:03 AM

Perhaps a little late, but you might want to install Foxit Reader, which is a smaller application that reads .pdf files, instead of that monster Adobe:

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users