Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Ipod play wma?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kiddo7

Kiddo7

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

I have tons of wma music files, I just wonder if I have an Ipod, can I put those music files and play them in Ipod?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

Sorry, the iPod does not play WMA.

The shuffle version plays MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store, M4A, M4B, M4P), Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4) and WAV.

The regular versions (Mini, standard, Photo, etc) play AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, WAV, and AIFF.

I know there are programs that will convert WMA to MP3, but I don't know of any in particular.

Edited by Lanscader, 23 June 2005 - 10:14 PM.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#3 splackavellie

splackavellie

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:18 AM

if im not mistaken i think iTunes can convert WMA file to either MP3 or AAC or even both...i think it can do it for protected WMA...im just assuming you have iTunes since you have an iPod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users