Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 8 issue and Yahoo issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chronos2k

Chronos2k

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

I recently downloaded IE8 in hopes that it would fix a Yahoo mail freezing issue. It did fix that issue but now i have another. When going onto certain sites (such as my banking site) I get a message that says "Internet explorer has stopped working" It will then loop back to that site and keep trying.

I would also like to know why I can't open attachments in Yahoo mail. I couldn't with IE7 and still cant with IE8. It runs through all the steps and looks like it's going to open...but it never does.

I'm running Vista Home Premium btw.

Thanks for any help!!

Update: Ok...I've found out a few more things that may help. I removed my Norton 360 from start up and rebooted. So I had no antivirus at all....it then ran perfectly fine. It opened everything and nothing froze. I of course thought it was a norton issue so I downloaded Avira....now it does the exact same thing with Avira running. I can't open attachments and IE freezes and Google Chrome freezes. If I try to open my antivirus after the freeze...it freezes too.

Please help..thanks.

Edited by Chronos2k, 07 May 2009 - 10:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 olywane

olywane

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:26 AM

Hi Chronos2k

I'm having a problem similar to yours. I run McAfee Security. I think it's the antivirus software. It started several days after installing IE 8. McAfee started giving me security setting warnings and won't allow downloads or even open up some web pages properly. I'm going to look around some more and probably will do what Red Dawn is suggesting.

I found this quote on an earlier post by Red Dawn.

• I would strongly recommend [Temporarily] disabling your anti-virus application and any anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's) before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a third-party firewall, I would recommend [Temporarily] disabling it and then [Temporarily] enabling the Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

• Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.

• Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ternet+explorer

Good luck,
Olywane

#3 olywane

olywane

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

See this thread: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...p;sloc=&p=1

#4 marymary770

marymary770

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

I am also having a problem with IE8. It only happens on certain sites. I get a pop-up window that asks me if I want to debug the page. I check no, but it keeps coming back. I've gone into internet options and disabled it. But it does not stay disabled. This happens a lot on Facebook and several other sites. I have Firefox, but when I use it for Facebook, it tells me I don't have Java or Flashplayer, when I do. And it always says I need to add plug-ins, which I always do. When I tried the plug-in for Flash, it said it didn't support it. Or it said the system didn't support it. HHMM. I tried to go back to IE7, but it said I can't. Is there a cure for this debugging thing? Or is it a "bug" IE8 just has? Frustrated! :thumbsup:
MaryPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users