Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible worm attack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaf72

jaf72

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Hello again.

I'm slowly in the process of fixing my computer after a massive virus attack. I've recently downloaded MalwareBytes to counter the initial virus attack and now every time I perform a scan with it it shows around 9 files infected with some kind of worm. I'm not entirely sure what to do because now my internet browser only works at half its normal speed and on some websites it will randomly divert me to some random search engine whenever I click on a link to another page.

I know this is a bit vague but I have no idea what's going on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jaf72

jaf72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

Never mind, I think it's gone. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users