Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reducing entire screen size

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jfred

jfred

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hi,
I would like to reduce the entire screen size, text, start, so I don't have to keep scrolling back and forth to read everything. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. Everything is too big for my screen.
Also is there a way to increase speed for media player 11? I know ISP speed is crucial but thought there was something else to enhance this. Streaming broadcasts keep "rebuffering"
Thanks for all and any help.
jfred

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 07 May 2009 - 07:48 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

Are you referring to your screen resolution? You can change that easily:

With no programs on screen, right click your desktop. Choose Properties, then Settings tab. Your screen resolution can be adjusted there. Move the slider bar to your desired setting. The higher the number, the smaller the fonts, icons, and screen size. In other words, 800 x 600 is large print, anything with a larger number than that will give you smaller print and squeeze more onto the screen.

Is that what you're looking for?

Can't help you on the Media Player issue. Sorry :thumbsup:

#3 jfred

jfred
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

Hi Txtchr,
I can't thank you enough for your help. Over 100 people looked at my question and you were the only one to respond.
You directions were exact and quite easy to follow to remedy my situation. :thumbsup:
Thanks again
jfred

#4 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:42 AM

Glad that helped :flowers:

Sometimes the easiest solution is the one that works. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic