Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel 2003 Slow When Browsing Network Folders...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mellowtoad

mellowtoad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Howdy folks. I've got a network of 10 people (via LAN) and 9 of them are able to open Excel 2003, click open, go to My Computer and open any of our networked hard drives or folders and browse and view shared files quickly and within seconds. However, I do have one user who it takes a minute to a few minutes for any of the networked folders to load into view.

This just started recently.

The user is able to view local files on her computer with normal, quick speed and has even copied files directly off of the drives and worked off of them off of her hard drive with no problems.

She has no other problems and can view networked folders and files in Word perfectly and is got good solid network access to the internet.

We are using WinXP with SP2 and I have attempted to reinstalled Excel on her machine.

This is driving us crazy, I appreciate any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rockerz

Rockerz

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

• Disconnect and Re-Map all the Network drives which are connected under My computer
  • Remove the Default Printer seen under Printers and faxes and Reboot the computer
  • After restarting the Computer, Re-install the Printer which was set as Default Printer
That Should resolve the issue

#3 mellowtoad

mellowtoad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

I appreciate the ideas, but I'm still having the same issue. Also wanted to mention that I can browse the folders and files and drives through Explorer with full speed. Still having slow issues. thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users