Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Difficult virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tsandco

tsandco

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hi,

Working on a friends computer, they have a nasty beasty(virus).

Here is what I found
  • When I turn on the computer the system says there isn't enough memory to open the profile I have selected
  • When I attempt to log in in safe mode the computer reboots
  • When I attempt to search for HOST files, the computer reboots
  • When I attempt to open Kaspersky, maleware, bitdefender, spybot via both firefox or explorer the browswer will not resolve the address. Other websites are available
  • When I attempt to install Google Chrome, the browser install crashes
  • When I run Hijackthis the program does not run
  • received a message that tgcmd.exe is corrupt
  • wpz01.live.com is seen when it attempts to resolve Kaspersky's website, then fails
Live.com is running and I can't delete that from the add or delete program files

Also the computer has PC Cillin 2000 that looks like it was an addition via a comcast account that finds nothing when run. When I direct it to update the antivirus, it can't find its server.

I also downloaded Malware onto a cd and loaded that setup file on to a folder from the desktop. The set up file will not run when double clicked

Any advice on what this is or how to clean it would be helpful
Thanks

Edited by tsandco, 07 May 2009 - 12:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tsandco

tsandco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users