Working on a friends computer, they have a nasty beasty(virus).
Here is what I found
- When I turn on the computer the system says there isn't enough memory to open the profile I have selected
- When I attempt to log in in safe mode the computer reboots
- When I attempt to search for HOST files, the computer reboots
- When I attempt to open Kaspersky, maleware, bitdefender, spybot via both firefox or explorer the browswer will not resolve the address. Other websites are available
- When I attempt to install Google Chrome, the browser install crashes
- When I run Hijackthis the program does not run
- received a message that tgcmd.exe is corrupt
- wpz01.live.com is seen when it attempts to resolve Kaspersky's website, then fails
Also the computer has PC Cillin 2000 that looks like it was an addition via a comcast account that finds nothing when run. When I direct it to update the antivirus, it can't find its server.
I also downloaded Malware onto a cd and loaded that setup file on to a folder from the desktop. The set up file will not run when double clicked
Any advice on what this is or how to clean it would be helpful
Edited by tsandco, 07 May 2009 - 12:57 PM.