Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which one is the bad one?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 Vamtrix

Vamtrix

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

Ok...I created a Hijack This log, and am pretty sure that my problems stem from something on this list...but I am unsure which ones are the bad ones.

Basically, when I go to my e-mail (Hotmail) or to my Home Page, it goes there for a second or two and then jumps to another page. I have done searches with Super Anti Spyware and MalwareBytes along with Virus Scans and AOL Spyware Scans, and can't find anything.

Help, please?

Please post here as I can't really read my e-mail too easily right now.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vamtrix

Vamtrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

Ok...I've waited for over a week for any kind of a reply..even one saying "Thanks for joining us, we will be with you soon." I have recieved no indication of any kind whatsoever that this is even being read, let alone dealt with. Somebody please tell me that you are even reading this...or I will be forced to go elsewhere.

Hello

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. No one is ignored here.

Thank you for understanding.

R,
K

Edited by KoanYorel, 15 May 2009 - 12:16 PM.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:34 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

R,
K
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 Vamtrix

Vamtrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

The link for the DDS.Com does not work. Additionally, as I previously stated, I believe the answer lies within the Hijack This log I attached earlier.

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Please post a new HJT Log
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 Vamtrix

Vamtrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

Latest HJT log attached.

Attached Files

#7 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

Hi Vamtrix,

Welcome to BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal, :thumbup2:
My name is sundavis, I will be helping you to deal with your Malware problems today.

Step1

Please download GMER Rootkit Scanner from Here or Here.
  • Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
  • Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
    • Sections
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish. For more info, go to Here for your reference.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" , and copy and paste the contents in your next reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Step2

Please run a BitDefender Online Scan
  • Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Click Click here to scan to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished. This might take a while to run, but it is important that nothing else is running while you scan.
  • When the scan is finished, click on Click here to export the scan results.
  • Save the report to your desktop so you can post it in your next reply.
Then, unplug the internet access, Flush your Dns , and try to Obtain a DNS address automatically . Aftet that, getting your internet access and going to your hotmail. Tell me how it goes.

Step3
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

In your next reply, please post back:

1.GMER log
2.BitDefender report
3.RSIT log.txt and info.txt.Thanks.

#8 Vamtrix

Vamtrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:53 AM

I try to attach step 1 and it says "Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space. Attachment space used 17.64k of 512k, though, so I am not sure what the heck that is about. However, bear in mind when I attempt to do step 2, it has a ridiculously large amount of scan time like 960+ hours or so, and I am prevented from doing pretty much *anything* else. After waiting 2 weeks for simply getting a reply in these forums in the first place, I have no intentions of not being able to use the computer in *any* capacity for weeks and months on end for it to do some scan. I'll see about step 3...

#9 Vamtrix

Vamtrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

Ok...step 3 was the easiest. Attached are the appropriate logs. Now what can I do about step 1 and 2?

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   34.52KB   16 downloads
  • Attached File  info.txt   19.01KB   18 downloads

#10 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hi Vamtrix,

Do not attach your files unless you are told to. Please post the contents directly into this thread.

Please rescan your computer with GMER and detail the problems you're experiencing. Thanks.

#11 Vamtrix

Vamtrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

Ok, listed below is the GMER report which took like forever for me to do. Originally, the problem was that if I were to go to any major site like Hotmail, Google, etc, it would go there for 2 seconds then jump me out to a nonexistant page (i.e. Sorry, the page you requested does not exist) The page *usually* had something to do with ad.doubleclick.net.

However, lately, I am experiencing severe lags and "you don't have enough memory to run this process" type of functions. This has only started recently, so I am unsure what could be causing this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe (SMSvcHost.exe/Microsoft Corporation) [DISABLED] NetTcpPortSharing
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nic1394.sys (IEEE1394 Ndis Miniport and Call Manager/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] NIC1394
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Nla
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ccdcmb.sys (Nokia USB Phone Bus Driver/Nokia) [MANUAL] nmwcd
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ccdcmbo.sys (Nokia USB Phone Bus Driver/Nokia) [MANUAL] nmwcdc
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nmwcdnsu.sys (Nokia USB Phone Bus Driver/Nokia) [MANUAL] nmwcdnsu
Service (NPFS Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] Npfs
Service (NT File System Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [DISABLED] Ntfs
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (LSA Shell (Export Version)/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] NtLmSsp
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [DISABLED] NtmsSvc
Service (NULL Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] Null
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys (NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version 81.33 /NVIDIA Corporation) [MANUAL] nv
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\NVENETFD.sys (NVIDIA Networking Function Driver./NVIDIA Corporation) [MANUAL] NVENETFD
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nvnetbus.sys (NVIDIA Networking Bus Driver./NVIDIA Corporation) [MANUAL] nvnetbus
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe (NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 81.33/NVIDIA Corporation) [AUTO] NVSvc
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys (NWLINK2 Traffic Filter Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] NwlnkFlt
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys (NWLINK2 Forwarder Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] NwlnkFwd
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ohci1394.sys (1394 OpenHCI Port Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] ohci1394
Service C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE (Office Source Engine/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] ose
Service Outlook
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\p3.sys (Processor Device Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] P3
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\parport.sys (Parallel Port Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Parport
Service (Partition Manager/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] PartMgr
Service (VDM Parallel Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [DISABLED] ParVdm
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pccsmcfd.sys (PCCS Mode Change Filter Driver/Nokia) [MANUAL] pccsmcfd
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys (NT Plug and Play PCI Enumerator/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] PCI
Service [SYSTEM] PCIDump
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys (Generic PCI IDE Bus Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] PCIIde
Service (PCMCIA Bus Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [DISABLED] Pcmcia
Service [MANUAL] PDCOMP
Service [MANUAL] PDFRAME
Service [MANUAL] PDRELI
Service [MANUAL] PDRFRAME
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\perc2.sys (PERC 2 Miniport Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] perc2
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\perc2hib.sys (PERC 2 Hibernate Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] perc2hib
Service PerfDisk
Service PerfNet
Service PerfOS
Service PerfProc
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (Services and Controller app/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] PlugPlay
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] Pml Driver HPZ12
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (LSA Shell (Export Version)/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] PolicyAgent
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys (Peer-to-Peer Tunneling Protocol/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] PptpMiniport
Service C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS (PrismXL Service/New Boundary Technologies, Inc.) [AUTO] PrismXL
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\processr.sys (Processor Device Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] Processor
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (LSA Shell (Export Version)/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] ProtectedStorage
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys (MS QoS Packet Scheduler/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] PSched
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys (Parallel Technologies DirectParallel IO Library/Parallel Technologies, Inc.) [MANUAL] Ptilink
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys (Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP/Sonic Solutions) [BOOT] PxHelp20
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ql1080.sys (Miniport Driver for QLogic ISP PCI Adapters/QLogic Corporation) [BOOT] ql1080
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ql10wnt.sys (Miniport Driver for QLogic ISP PCI Adapters/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] Ql10wnt
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ql12160.sys (Miniport Driver for QLogic ISP PCI Adapters/QLogic Corporation) [BOOT] ql12160
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ql1240.sys (QLogic ISP PCI Adapters/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] ql1240
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ql1280.sys (Miniport Driver for QLogic ISP PCI Adapters/QLogic Corporation) [BOOT] ql1280
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys (RAS Automatic Connection Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] RasAcd
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] RasAuto
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys (RAS L2TP mini-port/call-manager driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Rasl2tp
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] RasMan
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys (RAS PPPoE mini-port/call-manager driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] RasPppoe
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys (PTI DirectParallel® mini-port/call-manager driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Raspti
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys (Redirected Drive Buffering SubSystem Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] Rdbss
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys (RDP Miniport/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] RDPCDD
Service RDPDD
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rdpdr.sys (Microsoft RDP Device redirector/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] rdpdr
Service RDPNP
Service (RDP Terminal Stack Driver (US/Canada Only, Not for Export)/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] RDPWD
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (Microsoft® Remote Desktop Help Session Manager/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] RDSessMgr
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys (Redbook Audio Filter Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] redbook
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [DISABLED] RemoteAccess
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] RemoteRegistry
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\locator.exe (Rpc Locator/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] RpcLocator
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] RpcSs
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvp.exe (Microsoft RSVP/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] RSVP
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (LSA Shell (Export Version)/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] SamSs
Service C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV.SYS (SASDIFSV.SYS/SUPERAdBlocker.com and SUPERAntiSpyware.com) [SYSTEM] SASDIFSV
Service C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASENUM.SYS (SASENUM.SYS/ SUPERAdBlocker.com and SUPERAntiSpyware.com) [MANUAL] SASENUM
Service C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.sys (SASKUTIL.SYS/SUPERAdBlocker.com and SUPERAntiSpyware.com) [SYSTEM] SASKUTIL
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe (Smart Card Resource Management Server/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] SCardSvr
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] Schedule
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\scsiport.sys (SCSI Port Driver/Microsoft Corporation) ScsiPort
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys (Macrovision SECURITY Driver/Macrovision Corporation, Macrovision Europe Limited, and Macrovision Japan and Asia K.K.) [MANUAL] Secdrv
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] seclogon
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] SENS
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys (Serial Port Enumerator/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Serenum
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\serial.sys (Serial Device Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] Serial
Service C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe (ServiceLayer Module/Nokia.) [MANUAL] ServiceLayer
Service ServiceModelEndpoint 3.0.0.0
Service ServiceModelOperation 3.0.0.0
Service ServiceModelService 3.0.0.0
Service (SCSI Floppy Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] Sfloppy
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] SharedAccess
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] ShellHWDetection
Service [DISABLED] Simbad
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sisagp.sys (SiS NT AGP Filter/Silicon Integrated Systems Corporation) [BOOT] sisagp
Service SMSvcHost 3.0.0.0
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sparrow.sys (Adaptec AIC-6x60 series SCSI miniport/Adaptec, Inc.) [BOOT] Sparrow
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\splitter.sys (Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] splitter
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe (Spooler SubSystem App/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] Spooler
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sr.sys (System Restore Filesystem Filter Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] sr
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] srservice
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\srv.sys (Server driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Srv
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] SSDPSRV
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ssfs0bbc.sys (Spy Sweeper FileSystem Filter Driver/Webroot Software, Inc. (www.webroot.com)) [BOOT] ssfs0bbc
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sshrmd.sys (Spy Sweeper Mini Driver/Webroot Software, Inc. (www.webroot.com)) [BOOT] sshrmd
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ssidrv.sys (Spy Sweeper Interdiction Driver/Webroot Software, Inc. (www.webroot.com)) [BOOT] ssidrv
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] stisvc
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys (Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] swenum
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\swmidi.sys (Microsoft GS Wavetable Synthesizer/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] swmidi
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe (COM Surrogate/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] SwPrv
Service swwd
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\symc810.sys (Symbios Logic Inc. SCSI Miniport Driver/Symbios Logic Inc.) [BOOT] symc810
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\symc8xx.sys (Symbios 8XX SCSI Miniport Driver/LSI Logic) [BOOT] symc8xx
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sym_hi.sys (Symbios Hi-Perf SCSI Miniport Driver/LSI Logic) [BOOT] sym_hi
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sym_u3.sys (Symbios Ultra3 SCSI Miniport Driver/LSI Logic) [BOOT] sym_u3
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys (System Audio WDM Filter/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] sysaudio
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\smlogsvc.exe (Performance Logs and Alerts Service/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] SysmonLog
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] TapiSrv
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys (TCP/IP Protocol Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] Tcpip
Service (Named Pipe Transport Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] TDPIPE
Service (TCP Transport Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] TDTCP
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys (Terminal Server Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] TermDD
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] TermService
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] Themes
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\tlntsvr.exe (Telnet/Microsoft Corporation) [DISABLED] TlntSvr
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\toside.sys (Toshiba PCI IDE Controller/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] TosIde
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] TrkWks
Service TSDDD
Service (UDF File System Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [DISABLED] Udfs
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ultra.sys (Promise Ultra66 Miniport Driver/Promise Technology, Inc.) [BOOT] ultra
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\update.sys (Update Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Update
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] upnphost
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbser_lowerflt.sys (Filter Driver for Nokia USB Phone Bus Driver/Nokia) [MANUAL] upperdev
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\ups.exe (UPS Service/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] UPS
Service USB
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys (USB Common Class Generic Parent Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbccgp
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys (EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbehci
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys (Default Hub Driver for USB/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbhub
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbohci.sys (OHCI USB Miniport Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbohci
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys (USB Printer driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbprint
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys (USB Scanner Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbscan
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbser.sys (USB Modem Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbser
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbser_lowerfltj.sys (Filter Driver for Nokia USB Phone Bus Driver/Nokia) [MANUAL] UsbserFilt
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS (USB Mass Storage Class Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbstor
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys (UHCI USB Miniport Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] usbuhci
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vga.sys (VGA/Super VGA Video Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] VgaSave
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\viaagp.sys (VIA NT AGP Filter/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] viaagp
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\viaide.sys (Generic PCI IDE Bus Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] ViaIde
Service (Volume Shadow Copy Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] VolSnap
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe (Microsoft® Volume Shadow Copy Service/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] VSS
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] W32Time
Service W3SVC
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys (MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Wanarp
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wanatw4.sys (Wan Miniport (ATW)/America Online, Inc.) [MANUAL] wanatw
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\Wdf01000.sys (WDF Dynamic/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Wdf01000
Service [MANUAL] WDICA
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys (MMSYSTEM Wave/Midi API mapper/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] wdmaud
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] WebClient
Service C:\Program Files\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeper.exe (Spy Sweeper Engine/Webroot Software, Inc. (www.webroot.com)) [AUTO] WebrootSpySweeperService
Service Windows Workflow Foundation 3.0.0.0
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] winmgmt
Service [MANUAL] Winsock
Service WinSock2
Service WinTrust
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] WmdmPmSN
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] Wmi
Service WmiApRpl
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (WMI Performance Adapter Service/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] WmiApSrv
Service C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe (Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] WMPNetworkSvc
Service C:\Program Files\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\WRConsumerService.exe (WRConsumerService/Webroot Software, Inc. ) [AUTO] WRConsumerService
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\ws2ifsl.sys (Winsock2 IFS Layer/Microsoft Corporation) [SYSTEM] WS2IFSL
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] wscsvc
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] wuauserv
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WudfPf.sys (Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Platform Driver/Microsoft Corporation) [BOOT] WudfPf
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wudfrd.sys (Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] WudfRd
Service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] WudfSvc
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [AUTO] WZCSVC
Service C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services/Microsoft Corporation) [MANUAL] xmlprov
Service {8DEEB9DC-AC33-4D42-9448-9BADAD60276C}
Service {AC930148-766D-448A-9612-78B78C29F18C}

---- Disk sectors - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Disk \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 sector 60: copy of MBR

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

#12 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hi Vamtrix,

Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546
I suggest you remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.

Viewpoint Manager
Viewpoint Media Player
Viewpoint Toolbar

I also notice there are some unwanted programs installed in your system. Those unwanted programs are sometimes malware related or potential hazard to your security. You're well advised to remove them.
Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
In Add or Remove Programs, highlight

Ask.com Toolbar
LimeWire 5.1.2

and click on Change/Remove to remove it.

Step1

If you already have Combofix, please delete that copy and download it again as it's being updated regularly.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Note: CombFix has recently been updated to include the option for installing the Recovery Console automatically. You will see the below prompt when you first run ComboFix:

Posted Image

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time. Once Recovery Console is installed, you should see a blue screen prompt like the one below:

Posted Image

1.Close/disable all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

2.Click Yes to allow Combofix to continue scanning for malware.

When done, a log will be produced (or locate it in C:\ComboFix.txt). Please post that log in your next reply.

Do not mouse click on Combofix while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

Step2

We need to create an OTListIt2 Report
  • Please download OTListIt2 from one of the following mirrors:
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
Step3

Download RegSearch by Bobbi Flekman.
  • Create a folder in your C: drive C:\Regsearch, and extract all the files from the zip archive into that folder.
  • Double click regsearch.exe to launch the programme.
  • Copy/Paste the following red into the Search Box
    doubleclick
  • Click OK.
Regsearch will now search your Registry for the required strings, when it is finished it will open a Notepad file RegSearch.txt, saved to the Regsearch folder. Copy/Paste that file into your next post.

In your next reply, please post back:

1.Combofix log
2.OTList2 log
3.Regsearch report.

Tell me how your pc is behaving now.

Edited by sundavis, 27 May 2009 - 07:37 PM.

#13 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

#14 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

Reopen as requested. Please post the log as instructed in my previous post and detail the problems you're experiencing now.

#15 Vamtrix

Vamtrix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:03 AM

Ok...I get off work later this afternoon and will post a reply then...(this is my lunch break)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users