Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

where buy custom computer best bang for buck

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 beleive

beleive

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

wanting buy computer,specs something of 3.2(ballpark)processor,1200 mb memory,160gb hrd drive,with cd-dvd burner,computer will be used for internet,alot music over 1000 songs,few games for kids,and small business bookeeping,also like to watch movies on it,have a printer,digital camera.I get on line so many different options?also my son pitching in on it,so he want some wild looking case with lights??ALso what kind of antivirus and other hardware should get to protect it.Thanks for any advise.Appreciatted

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldenc08

goldenc08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:09 PM

have you looked into dell they dont have fancy cases i dont think but pretty good prices

#3 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

my personal experience with Dell is NOT TO BUY A DELL! for the love of god i wish Dell was no more.

but u can try Alienware (pretty expensive but they got wat u're looking for)
Cyber Power Systems, Inc. (http://www.cyberpowersystem.com)
there are other but i cant think of them off the top of my head

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 beleive

beleive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:33 AM

like to keep it around 2000 been looking at alien and koas,all the options man think my head hurts.Maybe should call them.Thanks

#5 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:05 AM

If you feel up to it, you could always order parts and build your own...

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#6 alpine

alpine

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:26 AM

If you feel up to it, you could always order parts and build your own...

Yeah if you think your up to it you can build a sweeter computer than any alienware for around $1500. If you want to do this I suggest you go to Computer Micro Center if you have one near or go to there online store. They have great prices and help.

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:01 PM

With Alienware, you are paying a lot of dollars for a fancy case and a name, neither of which does much but increase your bragging rights. Jot down the specs of the Alienware computer, and price a computer with simular specs at Dell.
You can also decide to order the parts yourself, then either put them together or have it done for you at a local shop at reasonalbe cost. Two advantages of this is that you get precisely what you want (brands, performance, etc.) as well as all user documentation.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users