Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SimpleTech hdd problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mahdir24

mahdir24

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

I have been using a SimpleTech Hard Drive 750gb(external, usb 2.0) for 5-6 months now. It never had any probs until yesterday when i turned on my pc as usual and my hdd didnt show up in computer (btw i'm using win 7). it showed up on device manager and the disk management console but not as unallocated. it just showed that it was a healthy primary partition (i have 1 partition only). today it showed up on computer but when i tried to open it it didn't there wasn't any error message but it just woudnt open. i have a lot of important data on it(420gb) so formatting is not an option. is there any way how i can retore my hdd back to normal?
ps. When it starts it emits a clicking sound then it becomes a grinding sound.
is there any way to recover my data??? ANY WAY?????????????????????????????????????
Pls. can any1 help me out??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

You can try recovery data software.

All sorts availble, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=d...mp;aq=f&oq=

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic