Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected windows files! Need help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zeroshin

Zeroshin

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

I got a nasty virus, I was told it may be the "April Fools Virus" thing...I am not sure about that. It has made it so I cannot use my virus scanner, my taskbar no longer is able to have anything minimized into it, my VBScript thing doesn't seem to work, my CD drives are no longer reconized, Windows Media Player gives a memory error, and system restore says it can no longer protect my computer and will not load. I think there is something wrong with some drivers too, like 3D sound...since sound won't run with my 3D programs (Aside from visuals from Winamp). All other sound works...Windows installer doesn't work though...So is there any program that repairs this kind of stuff? I tried to use SFC.EXE but it found nothing, which came up with nothing.

Edited by Zeroshin, 07 May 2009 - 09:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users