Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

avi files on dvd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

hey i need to change a avi movie to a format that will work on a dvd player
i tried doing with some nero tool but said it would take 6hrs lOL
so any FREEware program that will do it fast and good?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

I usually use Nero, I agree it's quite slow. I've heard good things about DVDShrink, though.

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:17 AM

oh does dvdshrink make avi files into dvd compatible files

#4 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

I just did this yesterday with DVDstyler. ( It's free.) I had a 5 GB AVI clip from VirtualDub, (Old AVI format). DVDStyler created an ISO image on the hard drive, that I burned to DVD with Image Burn. The finished project took about 30 minutes. it changed the AVI to an MPEG 2 video AC3 audio. and created a menu. The end result was about 800 MB. I don't know if you wanted to burn it directly to DVD, or just save to the HD.

With nero, (I'm using Nerovision Express 3) you should be able open the AVI using the "Make Your Own DVD Movie" feature, then use "export" to change it to MPEG 2. When you click the export button, you should see the configure button. I change everything to automatic, except audio, I change audio to AC3 to keep the file size as small as possible. It seems to go faster that way.

Hope this helps.

Edited by 12x48y, 10 May 2009 - 08:57 AM.

#5 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

Not free but cheap, DVD Santa is by far the best I've used. Takes about 20 mins to convert an AVI movie file to DVD.

Works for lots of files, I even used it to burn YouTube .flv files to DVD.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users