Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe Failure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pdur

Pdur

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:25 AM

Everytime i go into Windows explorer and try to get files i come up with an error that says Explorer has incountered a problem and needs to shut down

i looked at my error log and this is what it said
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5755, fault address 0x00028c0b.

some time soon after the Dr watson comes up saying the same thing then my computer totally freezes up

Ive looked in the microsoft site and they said a few things

unsuported browser IE6 ( Ive had 6 for 3 years never had a problem i have 7 now but had it for one year no problems until now)
Fusion (don't have fusion)
Norton Clean sweep I had this at one time a long time ago never had a problem then but ive reformated my drive at least twice scince then

Which brings up another point it happened before and i reformated my drive and re installed th os but it still continued to do it even after that i did recently get new memory but i tested the memory and it said their was no problems

i scanned the computer for viruses none found i even asked microsoft what was up and they never replyed...

assuming that means they don't know

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users