Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temperature readings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceShipOne

SpaceShipOne

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

I have always been a little bit obsessed about keeping my computer cool, so I got a Vantec LapCool2 for my laptop. However, even with it running at full speed, I still get core readings around 130-140 and HD readings of about 90-100. I am not concerned about the drives, but about the cores. This is a dual core laptop, so I use it for some gaming, relatively low level stuff. The temperature of the cores can rise as high as 150 in those cases with more load on the processor. My question is, how hot can these internal components get on a laptop? What would be the absolute limit for these machines, and how might I further cool the computer down? All these readings were taken with Everest Ultimate

I clean the dust out every month.
"Testing leads to failure, and failure leads to understanding."
Burt Rutan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

ARe those reading Centigrade or Fahrenheit?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 SpaceShipOne

SpaceShipOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:35 PM

My mistake, they are Fahrenheit.