Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Browsing too slow!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BigWilly1987

BigWilly1987

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:07 PM

Hi

I have Wanadoo UK 1mb broadband with a 6gb download limit. The problem is with my web browsing (i use firefox), which has gone tediously slow from the super-fast i experienced when i first got broadband. I moved to firefox from IE because it is simply better but now it is going really slow at loading pages, mostly pictures which sometimes don't even appear. The strange thing is my download speed from web sites are still fast (on average about 110kb/s!!) and even limewire is fast. It definatley is not firefox that is the problem as i have switched between IE and even Opera and they are slow too. I run on a Athlon 3200xp+, 512mb Ram, Geforce 128mb Graphics card. I also use Zone alarm but the problem was there when i used sygate aswell! I have tried cleaning all my cache and history on all my web browsers and the problem still persists. If anyone could help me i would be very grateful!!!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 goldenc08

goldenc08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

I would check your dns settings I had a problem like this once

#3 BigWilly1987

BigWilly1987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:57 AM

Hi what are my DNS settings. Please could you eloborate i might have messed with these to get an online game working. Thanks!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users