Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First off, hello

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Iwannabe...

Iwannabe...

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

and thank you for allowing me join the board.

I have a question. I am trying to create a .gif animation from a youtube clip. I have ImageReady CS2, Photoshop CS2, and the unregistered version of AVS file converter installed on my Windows XP Home Edition pc. I am running Firefox 3 with the add-on Easy Youtube Video Downloader that can download the clips in either 3GP, MP4, or HD. I have been downloading them as MP4 files. Now, I convert the downloaded file to either .avi or .mov like I have read to do so in order for ImageReady to open. Trouble is, ImageReady will not open .mov at all and when it opens .avi, the frames are blank in white. What part of the process am I not getting here? I have tried Google to no avail. Is it the AVS program? If so, is there one (free of course) that will work? Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

It could be your converter program. Free versions often put text on them anyways.

I recommend videora converters. They may be specifically for certain ipods or devices, but they'll do the job. Most clips are kept at full size if you use the ipod touch converter.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 Iwannabe...

Iwannabe...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

It could be your converter program. Free versions often put text on them anyways.

I recommend videora converters. They may be specifically for certain ipods or devices, but they'll do the job. Most clips are kept at full size if you use the ipod touch converter.

HELL Yea! Thats the name of the program I was thinking of. I've heard about it but I could'nt remember the name. Thanks! I'll try it.

#4 Iwannabe...

Iwannabe...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

Well, that didn't work either. I give up. Thanks anyway.

#5 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

What file formats did you convert into? You can choose between multiple types.

Also, make sure you didn't accidentally choose one of the old ones that you converted.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#6 Iwannabe...

Iwannabe...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

Well, every option I have tried, ie; iPod touch 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generation converts to MP4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users