Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Y! Messenger & E-mail & Such...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Conejita2105

Conejita2105

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:36 PM

Ok, just recently since I've been cleaning my computer there have been some weird changes with my yahoo messenger. Now when I send messages to people on my list the words don't appear anymore, and I can't recieve messages either. I tried Yahoo troubleshooting and enabling Scripting under Tools and Internet Options does not help. Everything was already enabled under scripting. Also, when trying to send e-mails on yahoo none of the buttons work anymore. I can't send any mail but I can check it. Some sites that I type in don't even display correctly, (like excite.com.) I don't know what is going on. Also, when I tried to use my system tools, like System Restore (I thought that would help get my settings back to normal) that doesn't even display correctly. I just get a blank box when I click on System Restore from the Start-up menu. I'm just really lost right now. Could someone please explain to me why this is happening and just what the heck I can do about it? I'd really appreciate it. Thanx!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:40 PM

What do you mean by "cleaning my computer"?

Please explain exactly what you did.

#3 goldenc08

goldenc08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:03 PM

try getting to system restore by opening run then type msconfig then click lunch system restore

#4 Conejita2105

Conejita2105
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:46 PM

Ok, I tried to get to system restore by clicking on run, msconfig, and then launch system restore but all that shows up is a blank box with nothing in it. It says "System Restore" at the top of the box, but other than that it's blank!!! My yahoo messenger still doesn't display any text, and some webpages and drop boxes are still as blank as the system restore box. What I'm wondering is why some of the buttons work on-line and others don't. This started happening after I was "cleaning" my computer by removing spyware with Yahoo Anti-Spy. I don't know what I removed that I needed.

#5 bobby

bobby

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

hi Conejita2105,

try this to get your system restore back up and running

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

go to line 278

rgrds bobby...

#6 goldenc08

goldenc08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:10 AM

try doing it in safe mode

#7 Conejita2105

Conejita2105
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:57 PM

Ok, I'm really not good with computers so I don't know what the heck "safe mode" is. Heard of it but I don't know how to run my computer in safe mode, nor how to even start it. Can you explain? Thanx.

#8 Conejita2105

Conejita2105
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:59 PM

Oh and by the way. I went to that website for the system restore and that ain't working. The System restore box is still blank as ever.

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:10 PM

Link to how to initiate and use safe mode:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users