Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Images in Word

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 surgirl

surgirl

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:44 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to place an image in word and write on the opposite side of the page without displacing the image?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:21 AM

Did you try paste special?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:58 AM

It can be done. It's tedious to do.
I think it has to do with 'anchor'. Try right click on the image, and find your way to format, then items such as move with text, don't move with text, and so on. Also try in front of and behind. Someplace there is a way to do it. I think I struggled through it once. There is also the 2-column display, so it all else fails, which it should not, it might help.
Post again if none of the above worked and I'll find the exact settings for you.

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:48 PM

It really isn't that tedious to do this. Open the Insert menu, go to Picture then select From File. Now place your picture in the document.

Right click the picture and select Format Picture then select the Layout tab. The layout tab has five options and a grayed out section called Horizontal Alignment. Choose the option called Square and you will see the Horizontal Alignment section becomes active. Now in Horizontal Alignment select the option Left and click on OK. Your picture will stay on the left side of the screen and you can place text on the right side of it.

This will work if you want to place text on the left (or both) side(s) of the picture also. Just choose the appropriate option from the horizontal alignment menu to place the picture where you want it.
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users