Jump to content
Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:54 PM
Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:47 AM
Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:38 AM
Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:36 AM
Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:17 AM
Here is now to resolve the missing services.exe file on your computer. First in safe mode go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sunbelt\AntiMalware and delete any .xml files in that folder. This will prevent Vipre from trying to block the new services.exe we put in.
Then follow the steps below
1. Insert the original Windows XP CD (Windows XP with Service Pack 2 is preferred, but not required) and reboot the computer. You may need to configure your computer to boot from the CD-ROM drive.
2. When the Windows XP Setup has started, press "R" to "repair the Windows XP installation using Recovery Console".
3. Select the Windows installation to repair (generally this is C:\Windows) by typing its number and then pressing ENTER.
4. Type the Administrator password and press ENTER.
5. Type the following commands:
CD I386 [ENTER]
EXPAND services.ex_ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 [ENTER]
NOTE: If your CD-ROM drive has a different letter assigned to it, enter "X:" instead, where X is the appropriate drive letter.
After entering "EXPAND services.ex_ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32" you should see the text "1 file(s) copied", in which case all went well.
Remove the Windows XP CD, type "EXIT" and press ENTER to restart your computer.
Edited by garmanma, 07 May 2009 - 09:18 AM.
Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:47 AM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users