Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

identifing files in start up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dawallacebob

dawallacebob

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

i am trying to manage my start up menu, dose anyone know were to look to find out what spacificly each indavidual file or program dose that is found in the start up menu. i want to know what each thing dose so i can make an educated decition as to wether or not i want any spacific progam to start when i start the computer up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

Look at the top of this forum and see 9 tabs. 4th one from the left is a tab labelled Startup List, you can do your research from there. Then when you have whittled it down you can post back questionable ones or ones you have doubts about and we can help.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 dawallacebob

dawallacebob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:32 PM

i have gone through the start up list many times, and as it dose say things like, this is an unnessasary program, or we recomend that you dont have it start upon startup, or users preferance. all is well and fine with that, but when it comes to all those things more times than not it dose not spacificly say what those programs or files do. so if it my prreferance and i cant find what spacificly that file/ program/ however its said dose, i cant hardly have a educated preferance can i. and that is whein the probel lyes. i dont want to turn any alerts off, or helpfull warnings, and if i do i would like to know what they are so i can be mindfull of those things.

Edited by dawallacebob, 07 May 2009 - 01:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users