Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what to have start up wit my computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dawallacebob

dawallacebob

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

I have a windows xp, and am tring to make it run as efficantly as i can. i thought id start by making the start up quicker, and not have a ton of things running that didnt need to be. I went through the start up list and looked up all the things that i have starting upon startup. However I find suggestions like its not nessasary, or up to the user. Well im glad its up to me but if i dont know whata the funtion is than i cant realy make an educated decition as to wether or not to have it start. any discription i can find is either verry vage, or i simply dont under stand it. this is what i have going on and hopfully i receave som help from a patiant knolagable person. my start up is as follows. ehtray-on, iaanotif-on, a blank spot?-on, ashdisp-on, kbd-on, nvcpl which i gather is a viris of some sort but wheni turned it off it duplicated itself and turned the duplication back on,-on, memonitior-on, arpwrmsg-off, ctfmon agein viris?-off, hpwuschd2-off, hpbootop-off, nvcpl agein duplicated-off, nvmctray-off, nwiz-off, steem-off,hotsync manger-off, hpdigital imaging-off updates from hp-off. i hope some one bares with this long text to help me. im at a loss. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users