Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

was instructed to say hello, hi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dawallacebob

dawallacebob

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

I was just trying to figure out what i needed on the start up on my computer, so i went on the web to make since of it all. To no evail! i had found this sight and found it the most helpfull. I am ignorant to all that has to do with computers, and hope to fix that with a little help from helpfull, patiant people. Dont make fun but im not totaly sure how to receave any resopses that might be coming my way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hi dawallacebob,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

#3 dawallacebob

dawallacebob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

Thank you, going through that info now, also my big sister lives in England. She is at the airforce base there.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

If you look at the tabs at the top of the page, you will find a lot of advice by clicking on Startup List. Just remember that if you are not completely sure about an entry, leave it alone and post a question in the forum for your version of Windows.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 dawallacebob

dawallacebob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

i have gone through the start up list many times, and as it dose say things like, this is an unnessasary program, or we recomend that you dont have it start upon startup, or users preferance. all is well and fine with that, but when it comes to all those things more times than not it dose not spacificly say what those programs or files do. so if it my prreferance and i cant find what spacificly that file/ program/ however its said dose, i cant hardly have a educated preferance can i. and that is whein the probel lyes. i dont want to turn any alerts off, or helpfull warnings, and if i do i would like to know what they are so i can be mindfull of those things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users