Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop reboots infinetly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mykard

Mykard

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

Hey, Ive been having some trouble with my Toshiba Tecra laptop and i am not quite sure whether this is a sofware or hardware problem. The laptop has been rebooting itself upon login every time. It appears not to reboot when i stay at the login screen but as soon as I login, it reboots itself. It may have been on the same network as a machine with virut (can it travel across network ?). It dosent appear to be overheating though, what else might the problem be ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

It may have been on the same network as a machine with virut

Not good. Be sure to isolate the infected machine immediately

Are you saying that you cannot get into and remain in XP?
I'll wait for your answer before I move you to Am I infected?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Mykard

Mykard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

Yes, windows will boot, but as soon as login finishes, it shuts down. it looks like a BSOD shows for a half second, but its very short. It will boot into ubuntu though.

EDIT: Ive run all the usual scans (spybot,mbam,Cure-It) and Nothing comes up.

Edited by Mykard, 06 May 2009 - 03:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users