Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Alureon Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 portergirl99

portergirl99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Hello. I am on a work computer running Windows XP. Yesterday my computer froze up several time for no apparent reason and my Google searches are redirected to spam websites. I use Trend Micro anti SW and ran a system scan with the following results:

Troj.Alureon.is
Troj.Alureon.iv
Troj.Alureon.iu and
Troj.Alureon.it

My can log indicates that the viruses were successfully quarantined, but after a reboot my computer showed the same symptoms. I ran another scan today with the same results.

Can anyone help me remove these trojans from my computer? Thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:59 PM

Are you running these scans...with XP's System Restore function active?

Disabling System Restore to remove viruses - http://antivirus.about.com/od/windowsbasic...stemrestore.htm

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 06 May 2009 - 01:00 PM.

#3 portergirl99

portergirl99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

Scan was run with system restore function disabled, still infected with trojan alureon. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by portergirl99, 06 May 2009 - 02:25 PM.

#4 jared2122

jared2122

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

I am having the same problem deleting ALUREON. I was able to get rid of some of the other malware that rode in with ALUREON so I no longer have the redirected Google searches at least but I can't figure out what file keeps regenerating the trojan. I'm going to try downloading and running the Malwarebytes AntiMalware, ATF cleaner, and SUPER Antispyware like most of the users here seem to recommend for getting rid of other nasties on their computer.

Edited by jared2122, 07 May 2009 - 12:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users