Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Progrock

Progrock

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Hello,

I have seen a few discussions on the Google redirect virus but I cannot seem to get rid of it. My hopes are in this forum.
Basically, the Google redirect behaves pretty much like this: every time I do a Google search the page with the Google results comes up. Whenever I click on a link I am first being sent to a different site than the one expected. On a second or third attempt, I am sent to the right web site.
So far I have run Malwarebytes', Superantispy, CCleaner and I am running Avast and Windows Defender and they all came. However, whenever I try to scan with Widows Defender I always get a message saying that "The instruction at 0x5a4d0a9a referenced memory at 0x0c2de90.

Please let me know what my next step should be.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan889

trashcan889

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

I have the same issue. when i search google and click on a link sometimes it lets go to the site and other times it redirects me. ive run malware bytes, sunbeltsoftware's counter spy, bitdefendewr AV, yahoo toolbar anti Malware, and they all come up with nothing. every once and a while MWB finds somin and i clean it but it doesnt seem to help clear the googl redirect. Im not sure how to contiue with this. any suggestions would help us out a great deal.

progrock try going to windows update and see if that fails. I cant even update, im assuming it has something to do with what ever is caseuing this issue.

-KRJ

Edited by trashcan889, 06 May 2009 - 03:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users