[CAPTAIN OBVIOUS]: "I am new here and this is my self-introduction and first post."
[MYSELF]: After a year or so of sifting through various troubleshooting posts, I finally decided to become a member. While I am not a complete n00b when it comes to computers, it would, however, be nice to have a person more knowledgeable than me confirm that the actions/ideas I have taken are correct/wise (or at the very least will not, metaphorically, make my computer explode).
I like long walks on the beach, run-on sentences, and bracketed side comments(I write the same way I speak/think), and I love a good "/" I promise to read all of the "Before you post!" information even though *sigh* it will take so long. Here is some pertinent information about me:
I have owned my desktop PC for about EIGHT or nine years - with several upgrades of course - but I have NEVER (a) formatted it or ( b ) made a backup of it - EEEEEEEKKKKK!!! Stupid, I know, but it is what it is...
- I am trying to squeeze the last little bit of use out of my PC before I decide what to do with it, what parts/files can be saved/retained, and what my next choice of computer will be
- As such, I need to first rid my PC of all toxic and useless elements (posting on the appropriate forum, of course), and then second, deal with some general optimization issues (again, refer to the previous bracket)
- I have done some tinkering on my own and I am very protective of my computer and its contents, which is partly why I come to you fine and helpful people.
- I am currently a displaced university student (i.e. I have graduated and have no idea what I'm doing next).
- Psychology (and intellectual pursuits in general) is my passion in life, and I eat sarcasm for breakfast.
Thank you for taking the time to read what has become a rather long introductory post!