Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, bonjour, ciao, aloha, and other variations in languages I (sadly) do not know

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 creighs

creighs

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi all,

[CAPTAIN OBVIOUS]: "I am new here and this is my self-introduction and first post."

[MYSELF]:
After a year or so of sifting through various troubleshooting posts, I finally decided to become a member. While I am not a complete n00b when it comes to computers, it would, however, be nice to have a person more knowledgeable than me confirm that the actions/ideas I have taken are correct/wise (or at the very least will not, metaphorically, make my computer explode).

I like long walks on the beach, run-on sentences, and bracketed side comments(I write the same way I speak/think), and I love a good "/" I promise to read all of the "Before you post!" information even though *sigh* it will take so long. Here is some pertinent information about me:

I have owned my desktop PC for about EIGHT or nine years - with several upgrades of course - but I have NEVER (a) formatted it or ( b ) made a backup of it - EEEEEEEKKKKK!!! Stupid, I know, but it is what it is...

- I am trying to squeeze the last little bit of use out of my PC before I decide what to do with it, what parts/files can be saved/retained, and what my next choice of computer will be

- As such, I need to first rid my PC of all toxic and useless elements (posting on the appropriate forum, of course), and then second, deal with some general optimization issues (again, refer to the previous bracket)

- I have done some tinkering on my own and I am very protective of my computer and its contents, which is partly why I come to you fine and helpful people.

- I am currently a displaced university student (i.e. I have graduated and have no idea what I'm doing next).

- Psychology (and intellectual pursuits in general) is my passion in life, and I eat sarcasm for breakfast.

Thank you for taking the time to read what has become a rather long introductory post!
Cheers,
S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Welcome to BC creighs. :thumbsup:

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

Welcome to the BC.

/Koan thinks you may find a number of like minded members here.

Be sure to read/scan our New User Orientation forum among others.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 creighs

creighs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

Koan - doing just that very thing right now! :thumbsup:

Thanks to you both for replying and take care! :flowers:
S.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

Do you put sugar on the sarcasm at breakfast?
Welcome to BC!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users